Chivalry 2: Cross-Play Closed Beta opens the gates of the ultimate medieval battle today
Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and global publishing retail partner Deep Silver open the gates of the Cross-Play Closed Beta of Chivalry 2. Starting today, Friday, April 23 10:30 am EDT through Sunday, April 26 10:30 pm EDT, players will have the first opportunity to experience the ultimate medieval battlefield with Cross-Play enabled on all major gaming platforms. , including PC (via Epic Games Store), PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5, Xbox One, including Xbox Series X | S.
Players keen to start playing today, ahead of the global launch scheduled for June 8, 2021, are encouraged to pre-order the Chivalry 2 Standard Edition or the Chivalry 2: Special Edition. All digital pre-orders for console and PC (via the Epic Games Store) include guaranteed access to this week’s Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta.
Visit the official website to book Chivalry 2 and find all the details on the editions and platforms available. Chivalry 2 also supports free cross-generational upgrades from current-gen versions when you upgrade to a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X / S system.
“When someone enters the battlefield in Chivalry 2, we want players to feel like they are taking part in a truly epic battle, such as those seen in our favorite Hollywood movies,” said Steve Piggott, President of Torn Banner Studios. . “We want players to feel like Jon Snow from Game of Thrones, surviving against all odds, like Braveheart’s William Wallace leading the charge into battle, like the defenders under siege at Helm’s Deep in Lord of the Rings. These are the feelings we want to evoke and we can’t wait to get feedback from new players and longtime Chivalry veterans after they finally get the chance to experience what Torn Banner Studios has worked so hard on. “
More details on the Cross-Play Closed Beta event:
- Cross-Play across all platforms: cross-play breaks down the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- Size matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, launch on the front lines and experience true full-scale combat supporting up to 64 players designed to capture the intensity and scope of Game of Thrones’ Battle of the ********.
- Master your arsenal: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that offers more variety than ever. Four base classes expand into 12 subclasses, including the Skirmischer, a melee / ranged hybrid, to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps enemies at bay with long range melee.
- The world is your weapon– Dominate the action with a variety of heavy siege engines including ballistas, catapults, trebuchets, rams, traps and more. Use the traps to defend yourself. You can even deal damage with “found items” on the battlefield. Try knocking down a cup of mead and deliver a fatal blow with the empty goblet or kill an enemy by throwing a burning chicken in their face!
- New Map – The Siege of Rudhelm: Following the first PAX East 2020 Chivalry 2 hands on, experience the return of fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attack or defense teams as 64 players vie for control of a well-fortified castle.
- Many modes: In addition to the Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also hone their skills in a variety of other modes, including Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All.
Chivalry 2 is a first-person multiplayer slasher inspired by epic medieval battles. Players will face action in every iconic moment of the era: with sharp swords, storms of flaming arrows, sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate huge battlefields, while catapults tear the opponent to pieces during the siege of castles, villages are set on fire and flames, to achieve the team’s objectives.
Enhancing the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Chivalry 2 invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a combo system to accelerate the action and allow players to become a whirlwind. of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to plan to fight multiple enemies at once, Chivalry 2’s battles mix the best of FPS and fighting game genres to deliver an unrivaled fast-paced melee.
Chivalry 2 will be released on PC exclusively for the Epic Games Store and through select retailers via Publisher Iceberg Interactive.