This article will tell you how to edit the Actions menus on your iPhone so that you can add the functions you use most frequently in an application, such as Print or Copy, to the top of the actions menu. When you touch the Share icon in an application, you are taken to a sharing menu that includes options for Contacts, Applications, and Recent Actions. To edit an action menu, you will need to select Edit Actions at the bottom of the screen and locate the function you want to edit. Adding an action to Favorites will move it to the top section of the action menu. Available actions will vary by application. Let’s take a look at how to customize the action menus on the iPhone Share screen.
* This post is part of the iPhone Life Tip of the Day newsletter. Hire. *
How to customize the action menus on the iPhone Share screen
- To open and edit an application’s action menu, touch the Share icon (a rectangle with an up arrow at the top).
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and select Edit actions.
- Tap on the green circle next to an action to add it to Favorites.
- To change the display order of actions in the Favorites menu, press and hold three horizontal bars next to an action.
- Drag and drop that action to your preferred position in the list.
- When you’re done rearranging your actions, tap Done.
Now when you go to the actions menu in that app, your favorite actions will appear at the top of the menu for easy access.