Microsoft Flight Simulator Update 188.8.131.52 Released; DC-10 Freeware and Podgorica Airport Get New Screenshots; Liberation of Emden
Third-party developers had new Microsoft Flight Simulator add-on assets and a build to share today, while Microsoft released an update.
Posted on May 11, 2022 Giuseppe Nelva
Home » News » Microsoft Flight Simulator Update 184.108.40.206 Released; DC-10 Freeware and Podgorica Airport Get New Screenshots; Liberation of Emden
Third-party developers had new Microsoft Flight Simulator add-on assets and builds to share today, while Microsoft released a new update.
We start with the update, which is designed to fix some of the outstanding issues left behind by Sim Update 9.
The download is a simple download of around 350 MB from the Windows Store or Steam (or Xbox, of course), with no tracking once you launch the game. It is numbered 220.127.116.11 and includes the following
- Fixed various crashes on the world map.
- Fixed crashes affecting airports that have a beacon but not a runway (BIKF for example)
- Fixed simobject data request creation process preventing flight sim rig devices from working.
- Fixed a crash on vector placement when returning to the main menu
- Fixed LOD streaming on vector placement in scene editor.
- Fixed windshield flickering when render scale is not set to 100%
- Fixed CGL update load order to ensure custom CGL files load correctly
- Fixed Azure TTS ATC being muted while playing
- Fixed crashes related to receiving SimConnect messages after closing in WASM
Below we get a unique but juicy screenshot of the Aero Dynamics McDonnell Douglas DC-10/KC-10 Extender, showing one of the engines.
The plane will be free and you can follow its development on the developer’s Discord server.
Below, Orbx released new screenshots of the recently announced Podgorica Airport (LYPG), which serves the capital city of Montenegro.
Finally, Aerosoft and Aviation-Sim-Design launched Emden Airport (EDWE) in Germany.
You can buy it at the Aerosoft store for €10.20.
- HeliService hangar doors open at 7 am and close at 6 pm
- The static helicopters left the hangar shortly after 7 am and parked on the platform. At 5 pm, the two helicopters are returned to the hangar.
- An excursion boat sails on the “Trecktief Canal” between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- 5 animated cars drive to the airfield at different times and park around the site in predefined parking spots
- An animated analog clock is found in the Heliservice hangar, tower and terminal
- The HeliService crew bus arrives at the ramp at 8:00 am and returns to the hangar at 4:00 pm
- Animated flags are placed in front of the HeliService hangar as well as in front of the “Haase” catering restaurant (the flags depend on the wind direction)
- There are bales of hay distributed in and around the airfield area, which are opened in August and stacked in piles in September.
- The people in the terminal or on the restaurant/terrace depend on the time of day as well as the day of the week and it always changes differently so there is a wide variety
- A carrier is busy on the tarmac between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- The patio umbrella will open at 11:00 a.m. There will also be revelers with party lights (best visible at night) on the patio from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The entrance and exit gate as well as the television in the terminal building are animated (the television reads a text loop)
- HeliService’s hangar weather station is animated based on wind direction and speed
If you want to learn more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can check out our recent reviews of Yeager West Virginia International Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport and the Athens International Airport. Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Central Britain, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Krakow Airport, City and Airport of Fukuoka, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City and Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, CRJ 550/700, PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, F-15 Eagle, Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Saint Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport and the city of Seoul Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi Airport.
If you want to know more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about the Asobo Studio game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is available now for Windows 10 and Steam, and Xbox Series X|S.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in a new window)