Monster Hunter Rise Long Sword: Best Builds, Tips and Tricks
Monster Hunter Rise offers so many different ways to kill massive beasts. With an arsenal of 14 weapons to choose from and plenty of customization options, it’s no wonder Capcom’s latest entry is one of the best Nintendo Switch games. However, all of these options also make it difficult to know which weapon to use. To help you get a better idea of which weapon will meet your needs, I’m going to go over the long sword, including its attacks, switch abilities, and tips for the best builds.
Monster Hunter Rise Longsword
Fighting Style Monster Hunter Rise Long Sword
The long sword is a powerful weapon with a long range for vertical and horizontal strikes. It moves faster than some larger weapons like Greatsword, but is slower than more agile weapons like Dual Blades.
VPN Deals: $ 16 Lifetime License, $ 1 Monthly Plans, and More
Monster Hunter Rise Longsword Controls
Controls Function X Top bar A Push Left stick + X + A Attack while moving ZR Spirit Blade ZR + A (during combo) Foresight Slash ZR + B (after attack) Special Sheathe A Demon Flight (Demon / Archdemon Mode)
- Spirit Gauge – Landing hits recharge the Spirit Gauge, which can be used to perform Spirit Blade attacks. The round bars of the landing spirit will also change the indicator color, increasing attack power.
- Foresight Slash – Can be performed mid-combo and offers a long window of invulnerability. AY after dodging an enemy attack to refill the spirit gauge, then press ZR to chain it into a spirit bar.
- Special holster: After an attack, press ZR + B to perform a special holster. Press X to perform a Lai Slash, while ZR to perform a Iai Spirit Slash. After a while, the special cover will revert to a normal cover. The Quick Sheathe ability affects Special Sheath, while the Critical Draw and Punshing Draw abilities affect Iai attacks.
- Iai Slash: If you land a hit with an Iai Slash, your spirit meter will start to increase automatically.
- Iai Spirit Slash – A powerful counter that can be executed after a Special Sheathe. Carefully time this attack when a monster is about to hit you to increase your Spirit Gauge. It can be combined in many other movements.
Monster Hunter Rise Longsword Combos
Combos Function X, X, X, X Basic Combo: Step Bar> Top Bar> Push> Rise Bar ZR, ZR, ZR, ZR Spirit Blade Combo: Spirit Blade I> Spirit Blade II> Spirit Blade III> Spirit Roundslash X + A, ZR, ZR, ZR Vanish Bar Combo: Vanish Bar> Spirit Jump Bar> Spirit Blade III> Spirit Bar X, ZR + B, X, ZR Special Pod Combo I: Step Bar> Scabbard Special> Iai Bar> Spirit Blade II X, ZR + A, ZR Foresight Bar Combo I: Passing Bar> Foresight Bar> Circular Spirit Bar X, ZR + A, ZR + B Special Pod Combo II : Step bar> Forecast bar> Special scabbard
Monster Hunter Rise Long Sword Shift Skills
Each weapon has its own unique attacks. In addition, each attack has at least two switching abilities that you can assign to it to obtain a different result. However, only one Switch ability can be active in an attack at a time. Here are the long sword switch skills.
Attack Shift Skills Silk Lasso Attack ○ High Kick: Launches you into a kick attack with a Wirebug. If you hit an opponent on the way down, you will receive a push and fill your Spirit Gauge for a short time. Hit the correct button after landing and you’ll perform a Spirit Barbreaker by spending a Spirit Gauge level.
○ Silkbind Sakura Slash – Allows you to rush in and cut your prey with a Wirebug. The hits you deal create lacerations that deal bonus damage and increase your spirit gauge by 1. Regular Attack 1 ○ Spirit Count Combo: Use the spirit gauge to charge a spirit sword when it strikes. It can be difficult to control, but it is powerful when it lands.
○ Spirit Roundslash Combo: Use the Spirit Gauge to charge the Spirit Blade on the third hit. Easy to hit the main enemy and all other opponents within range. Regular Attack 2 ○ Step Slash: Offers a perfect vertical cut for aiming in the air.
○ Double Drawn Bar: Creates a horizontal bar and absorbs blows when attacking. It does more damage than the Step Slash, but only a few attacks can be used to track it.
Monster Hunter Rise Long Sword Silk Attacks
Silkbind Attacks ZL + A Serene Pose function: prepares you for an attack. Getting hit in this pose leads to a counterattack. ZL + X Soaring Kick – Launches you into a kick attack with a Wirebug. If you hit an opponent on the way down, you will receive a push and fill your Spirit Gauge for a short period of time. Press the correct button after landing and you will perform a Spirit Helmbreaker spending one level of Spirit Gauge. It can be replaced by Silkbind Sakura Slash. ZL + X Silkbind Sakura Slash – Allows you to rush in and cut your prey with a Wirebug. The hits you hit create lacerations that deal additional damage and increase your Spirit Gauge by 1. It can be deactivated with Soaring Kick.
Monster Hunter Rise Long Sword Best Builds
Every construction you do will have concessions. However, these are what we consider to be the best versions for Long Sword.
Best build for 2-star missions
Zone Best Equipment Iron Katana II Weapon Izuchi Head Helm Chest Hunter’s Coat Weapons Alloy Bracers Size Alloy Spiral Legs Baggi Greaves
Stats and skills for this version:
- Defense: 44
- Fire: -4
- Water: -2
- Thunder: -5
- Ice Cream: 0
- Dragon: 1
- Attack Augmentation Lv. 2
- Critical Eye Lv 3
- Water Attack Lv. 1
Best build for 4-star missions
Best Gear Zone Iron Gospel Head Basarios Helm Barroth Chest Mesh Somnacanth Arms Suspenders Waist Basarios Spiral Legs Basarios Greaves
Stats and skills for this version:
- Defense: 134
- Fire: 3
- Water: 7
- Thunder: -6
- Ice Cream: 7
- Dragon: -4
- Attack Augmentation Lv. 1
- Defense boost level 5
- Sharpening Speed Lvl 1
- Charge Level 1 Shells
- Bombardier Lv 1
- Divine Blessing Lv. 1
Best Endgame Build
Zone Best Team Weapon Deeper Night Head Utsushi Mask (H) S Chest Barioth Chest S Anja Bracers Arm S Size Rathalos Coil S Legs Ingot Greaves S
Stats and skills for this version:
- Defense: 267
- Fire: 11
- Water: 1
- Thunder: -3
- Ice Cream: 2
- Dragon: -6
- Attack Boost Lv 6
- Critical Eye Lvl 2
- Sharp Razor Lv. 3
- Level 3 replacement shot
- Forward Lv 2
- Shaker Level 1
- Windbreaker Lv. 1
- Dodge Window Lv. 1
- Whisper of Wire Bugs Lv. 1
Monster Hunter Rise Long Sword Best Skills
I recommend that you work to improve these skills as soon as possible. This will greatly help you to perform better with the long sword.
Ability What it does Attack Boost Increases attack power and, at higher levels, also increases affinity. Razor Sharp The fact that you don’t lose the sharpness of your weapon so quickly. Weakness Exploitation Your attacks deal more damage when you exploit a monster’s weakness. Critical Eye Increases the chance to receive critical hits.
Now you have a better idea of what Monster Hunter Rise Long Sword can do. Experiment with the different types of weapons until you find one that suits your play style.