The Microsoft Flight Simulator Van RV-14, the SIAI-Marchetti S.205 and a very rare Hercules C-130 came out; Sukhoi SU-31 coming soon
Today, several additional aircraft have been released for Microsoft Flight Simulator, with another to follow soon.
We start with SimWorks Studios, who released their version of the Van’s Aircraft RV-14.
It is currently available for $14.99 on the developer store with the following features:
- Accurate 3D models and animations
- Three generic liveries and three custom liveries
- Sled and tail trike variants
- Realistic flight model tested by RV-14 pilots
- Free swivel front wheel (RV-14A)
- Full integration of GTN750 (PMS50 and TDS)
- Propwash hover animations
- Visibility based on the weight of the passenger in the cabin
- Visibility based on the weight of luggage behind the seats
- opening awning
- Functional hood ejection switch
- Animated air conditioning vents
- Realistic backlight and lighting
- realistic outdoor lighting
- MSFS rain and frost effects included
Next up is Nemeth Design who released a SIAI-Marchetti S.205-18/R.
You can find it in the developer store for $19.49
- Detailed and accurate visual model
- Detailed 4K textures
- Realistic flight dynamics based on real data
- Realistic aircraft operation based on real flight and maintenance manuals
- 12 liveries
- High Definition 3D Sound Pack
- manual in pdf
We also heard from IndiaFoxtEcho who mentioned that their Sukhoi Su-31 is ready for launch, also posted a disclaimer and revealed the price, which will be around €17.5.
The developer has also confirmed that the plane should be released on Xbox in the future.
“Sorry, but we were unable to launch the SU-31 over the weekend as planned, as there were some last minute adjustments we needed to test and there were some errors in the manual. .
On the plus side, last night we managed to fix almost everything… and the plane is ready to be delivered: we only have to go through the paperwork to send files with the different providers (each provider requires slightly different things) but we hope that the plane will be available in the next few days at all our usual points of sale… except Microsoft, which, as usual, will have a little more delay.
Pending testing from Microsoft, the plane should also be available on Xbox.
Contrary to business logic, we would like to talk a little about the flaws in this project or, in marketing jargon, “opportunities for improvement”:
While we think the plane is fun to fly, and should be able to perform most aerobatic maneuvers, the snap/flip behavior isn’t great and it’s hard to control precisely. Also, the simulator seems to overestimate the power loss during vertical maneuvers, so we “pumped” the engine and propeller performance a bit to achieve speeds closer to the real aircraft during some maneuvers.
Also, since the avionics are super basic (just a radio and transponder), it’s probably not your best option for long cross-country flights or any kind of complex navigation.
Speaking of landscapes, Aerosoft has clarified that its VDGS (Visual Docking Guidance System) software will be a free version for PC and will initially cover four of the developer’s airports, including the upcoming Brussels (EBBR). It will work on all versions of airports for PC, including those purchased from the official market.
The airport itself has also been confirmed for PC and Xbox, but VDGS will not be available on Xbox.
Last, and certainly least, we have a version of Captain Sim, which I wouldn’t hesitate to call “rare”.
The developer has released a “C-130 Exterior” and, as the name suggests, it only includes the exterior of the plane, with no cockpit. Basically you’d be forced to drive it with the stock hud, which greatly reduces any simulation value it might have.
It also comes with original sounds from the simulator, which is certainly confusing.
If that doesn’t put you off, it’s available on the developer store for $14.99.
• Highly detailed and accurate digital replica of the C-130E Hercules
• Cabin and cockpit with 3D windows and pilots
• Realistic animations
• Ultra high resolution 4K textures of the following 6 liveries:
– USAF #640544
– USAF #637777 (bare metal)
– Australian Air Force #A97181
– Canadian Air Force #130307
– British Air Force # ZH887
– Brazilian Air Force #2459
COCKPIT AND COCKPIT
• No virtual cockpit, outdoor model only
• MSFS2020 stock functionality including HUD instruments
• Full cargo cabin with animated doors
• Custom Views
• Customized flight model
• MSFS2020 sounds available
• Paint kit
• Sim Ops
If you want to learn more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport , Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Central Britain, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Krakow Airport, Fukuoka City and Airport , Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, CRJ 550/ 700, PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City and Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, F-15 Eagle, Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Aerodrome, Dublin International Airport and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi Airport.
If you want to know more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about the Asobo Studio game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is available now for Windows 10 and Steam, and Xbox Series X|S.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in a new window)