Where to buy the iPad Air 5: Pre-orders go live today for Apple’s new tablet
With pre-orders online today, we can show you where to buy the iPad Air 5 if you want to reserve one before the March 18 release date. Apple’s new tablet could see something of a stock surge at launch, so you’ll want to act fast if you’re ready to upgrade right away.
Apple being Apple, the new Air isn’t technically called the iPad Air 5, though some retailers are calling it that, or perhaps iPad Air (2022) or iPad Air 5th Gen to distinguish it from the previous model. With a very similar visual design, you’ll want to be sure you’re looking for the right model. The best way to make sure you’re buying the new 5th generation iPad Air is to check the processor in the specs section of the product description. The new Apple iPad Air is equipped with an M1 processor, while the previous fourth-generation model from 2020 is equipped with an A14 Bionic processor. new M1. A14 old.
Apple is likely to discontinue the fourth generation model, removing it from the official Apple Store to avoid confusion. Retailers will be selling stock of the older model for some time, so you’ll want to keep an eye out for it. Speaking of retailers, let’s stick around and show you which stores to look out for today to pick up the iPad Air 5 during the pre-order phase, and if you reserve one, be sure to protect it with one of the best iPad Air 5 cases.
Table of Contents:
- Where to buy the iPad Air 5
- What is the price of the iPad Air 5?
- What colors is the iPad Air 5 available in?
- Are there discounts on the iPad Air 5?
- What about other iPad deals?
Where to buy the iPad Air 5
- Amazon US: The biggest store of all is often a bit sleepy preparing its home pages in advance for Apple products, so you may need to update a search query closer to 8am ET for fifth-generation iPad models. Air pre-orders will appear. This will be a popular place to buy one as many buyers take advantage of Prime delivery.
- B&H Photo: Stock pre-orders for iPad Air 5 in all colors and capacities are being prepared on the site and should be available by 8 am ET.
- Best Buy: The iPad Air 5 pre-order pages went live early, and we can see that the store currently has listings for all colors available in 64GB and 256GB capacities.
- Walmart: We’re still waiting for new iPad Air 5 listings to appear here, but that could change at any time.
- Apple: It will probably have a lot of stock in the beginning, but as a main selling point, it could also sell out before the retailers. This will be the last place to find any discounts, but it is possible to add a free engraving on the back. Please note, however, that this could affect future trade-in value at some stores.
In the UK, most stores outside of Apple haven’t started releasing the iPad Air 5 yet, but we’ll be keeping an eye on the following for the best chance of picking one up:
What is the price of the iPad Air 5?
In the US, the 64GB iPad Air 5 is $599 ($749 for the 5G cellular model) and the 256GB iPad Air is $749 ($899 5G cellular). Head to the UK and the 64GB version costs £569 (£719 for the 5G cellular model), while 256GB of storage will cost £719 (£869 5G cellular).
What colors is the iPad Air 5 available in?
The 64GB and 256GB versions are available in Space Grey, Starlight, Pink, Purple, or Blue. Starlight (what’s up, Apple?) is an off-white color with a warmer undertone, a little champagne if you like, but not quite gold.
Are there discounts on the iPad Air 5?
You’ll probably be waiting a few weeks or even months for discounts on the latest Apple devices. If you like the look of the iPad Air 5 and don’t mind waiting a bit, the best deals might be for the Black Friday iPad deals in November. We’ll keep you posted on any deals until then, of course, here at ComoHow, because we hate paying MSRP as much as anyone.
What about other iPad deals?
If you want to weigh up the iPad Air 5 pre-order price against other iPads, we’ve rounded up the latest deals on the base iPad, iPad Pros, Mini, and previous Air below.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in a new window)