Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S Review
Table of Contents:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S specifications at a glance:
- Unboxing the Redmi Note 11S
The Redmi Note 11S is the fifth Note 11 model we’re reviewing, and just when we thought our review streak was finally over, we also received its 5G-capable sibling.
The Redmi Note 11S is a more powerful version of the vanilla Redmi Note 11. Borrowing hardware from the Redmi Note 11 Pro, the Note 11S has a faster Helio G96 chipset (vs. Snapdragon 680), which is paired with more RAM and a 108MP main camera (instead of 50MP). Meanwhile, the 11S has a smaller screen than the Note 11 Pro and slower 33W charging.
The Redmi Note 11S looks like the rest of the Redmi Note 11 phones: an IP53-rated flat design with a large rectangular camera on the back. Its centerpiece is the 6.43-inch 1080p AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate.
The Redmi Note 11S uses this year’s Xiaomi mid-range camera combo with a 108MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera, and 2MP macro camera, along with a 2MP depth sensor. The front camera is 16MP and all cameras (except macro) support 1080p video capture.
Finally, the Redmi Note 11S has a 5,000 mAh battery, a typical capacity of the Note series. It supports 33W fast charging and comes with a matching power adapter. The Pro models, on the other hand, support 67W fast charging.
Here you have the complete technical sheet of the Redmi Note 11S.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S specifications at a glance:
- Body: 159.9 x 73.9 x 8.1mm, 179g; ; IP53, dust and splash resistant, Gorilla Glass 3 front, glass back, plastic frame.
- Screen: 6.43″ AMOLED, 90 Hz, 700 nits, 1000 nits (peak), 1080 x 2400 pixel resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 409 ppi, Gorilla Glass 3.
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G96 (12nm): Octa-core (2×2.05GHz Cortex-A76 and 6×2.0GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC2.
- Memory: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 13.
- Rear camera: Wide angle (main): 108 MP, f/1.9, 26 mm, 1/1.52″, 0.7 µm, PDAF; Wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4 Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide angle), 1/3.06″ 1.0 µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected]; Front camera: [email protected]
- Battery: 5000mAh; 33W fast charge, 100% in 58 min (advertised), Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 3+.
- Miscellaneous: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); Infrared port; 3.5mm jack socket.
The Redmi Note 11S looks like a balanced lower-midrange offering with a good AMOLED screen, a versatile camera with a high-resolution primary as well as stereo speakers, a large fast-charging battery, and a chipset that should suffice for a good experience. All of these are wrapped in a sympathetic layer with basic waterproofing.
However, not everything is promising. The Redmi Note 11S GPU is inferior to the one used in the previous Note 10S model. And there’s no 4K video capture, something the Note 10S could do. Finally, MIUI 13 is available out of the box, but it runs on the old Android 11 operating system.
Still, these are tough times and we can imagine that manufacturers have to overcome many obstacles to create a new phone and keep the price as low as possible. And with that said, let’s open this Redmi Note 11S and see what happens.
Unboxing the Redmi Note 11S
The Redmi Note 11S retail package is quite familiar. The box contains the phone, a 33W power adapter and a 3A USB cable.
Like other Xiaomi models, this one also comes with a soft transparent case and a cheap protective film that you’ll have to apply yourself.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in a new window)