New Google TV app turns your iPhone into a virtual remote
Google has updated its Play Movies & TV app, giving it a new name in the process. That name is Google TV and the update is more than skin deep. Users have new features to enjoy!
The rebranding brings a number of changes, including the ability to “select your streaming services to find movies and shows from all your apps in one place,” which sounds great. There’s support for content recommendations and more, but the big improvement is the one that will help people get rid of all those silly little remotes they have with their streaming devices.
In fact, with this new Google TV app, owners of Google TV or Android TV devices can now use their iPhone or iPad as a remote, taking all the hassle out of those inferior controllers. It’s a small change with a big impact and it’s worth the price of admission alone – free!
- Add cool shows and movies to your watchlist to keep track of your new discoveries and bring them straight to the big screen later.
- Control your Google TV or other Android TV OS device with the built-in virtual remote.
Those who already had the Play Movies & TV app installed will see the new Google TV app in the App Store, ready to upgrade. Everyone can download it for free right now. If you have a Google TV or Android TV streaming device or set-top box, it’s really a no-brainer!
Learn more about the cool features of the new Google TV app in the announcement blog post.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
UK moviegoers can now use their iPhones to prove their age
Moviegoers in the UK can now use their iPhone to prove their age when visiting certain cinemas. The news means that people will be able to prove they are over the required age when trying to see movies at theaters such as Cineworld, Odeon, Showcase Cinemas and Vue.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in a new window)