Matchpoint – Tennis Championships: Cross-Platform Multiplayer announced
The publisher Kalypso Media and the developer Torus Games are happy to confirm that the tennis simulator Matchpoint – Tennis Championships will include the cross-platform multiplayer.
Players can truly test their tennis skills as they gather with friends and challenge their competitors across multiple platforms. Immerse yourself in the brand new title in the latest Developer Diary Video which explores the multiplayer mode and other exciting features of the game:
Join Producer, Kevin McIntosh, and Game Designer, Dave McIntosh, as they talk about all things Matchpoint and delve into some of the features players will experience on their journey to become number 1 in the world. From choosing the right coach to implementing the best style of play, this second Developer Diary Video provides insights into the game’s realistic tennis tactics that will challenge players’ skills and decision-making. Whether it’s career management or racket vs. racket in the cross-platform multiplayer mode just announced, Matchpoint – Tennis Championships is packed with exciting and dynamic features that combine to create an authentic tennis playing experience.
For potential tennis champions eager to pick up the racquet, the game demo is now available on Windows PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X | S. Immerse yourself in virtual courts in quick-play and tutorial mode or take on a selection of licensed players of the game and compete with the likes of Nick Kyrgios, Amanda Anisimova and Kei Nishikori.
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships will come up Xbox Game Pass for console and PC and will be available for Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S consoles (support via Smart Delivery), PlayStation 4 | 5 And Windows PC the July 7, 2022. The title will come up Nintendo Switch the October 20, 2022. The game is now available for the pre-order with one 10% off% on the Kalypso, Microsoft and Sony stores!
- Enter the world of professional tennis. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships offers an in-depth career mode with a unique merit-based ranking system
- Create your own 3D tennis star. Choose your look and play style with a variety of customization options, including realistic techniques such as left-handed, right-handed, one-handed or two-handed backhand.
- Dominate the court as a tennis pro. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori and Amanda Anisimova.
- Fully customize your athlete and accessories. The game includes equipment from all tennis brands, including Babolat, YOINEX, HEAD and many more. Unlock special equipment by winning competitive matches.
- Master all the shots in style. Determine the outcome of a match by choosing the best technique for the moment: topspin, flat, lob or slice shot.
- Face off against opponents in local or online matches. Defeat challenging AI opponents or challenge your friends and rivals in a local or online cross-play session.
- Study your rival’s moves and tactics. Observe your opponents and know their strengths and weaknesses to gain a tactical advantage before even taking the field.
- Practice makes perfect. Hire a personal coach to hone your skills. Improve your strengths and decrease your weaknesses with an in-game coaching system of individual training modules.
- Perfect your tactics in Practice and Training modes. Discover various mini-games to hone your play style and become a force to be reckoned with on the pitch.
- Compete in spectacular locations around the world. Each field has its own unique characteristics; study your playing arenas and adapt your game taking into account grass, clay and hard courts.
- Replay mode. Capture the fiercest encounters and decisive matchpoints on film and study the results to improve your game.