DISCIPLES: LIBERATION, first gameplay revealed
Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Frima Studio today released the debut gameplay of Disciples: Liberation – a brand new dark fantasy strategy RPG coming in Q4 of 2021 for PC, PlayStation 4 | 5 and Xbox. The reveal video, narrated by Frima Studio’s Creative Director, Jordane Thiboust, shows the early stages of gameplay, including intricate turn-based combat, as well as some of the factions, biomes and grisly opponents that players can expect to encounter during their adventures in the war-torn world of Nevendaar.
In addition to the reveal of the gameplay, Kalypso Media has released a new trailer, the official artwork of the game and has announced that the pre-orders of the PC version are now available through Steam and the Kalypso Store. An exclusive closed beta, limited to 1000 PC players, will begin next week on June 17th, and fans of dark fantasy tactical adventures are encouraged to register now for a chance to try the game during the beta period.
Disciples: Liberation marks a new beginning for the franchise, allowing players to explore a richly detailed dark fantasy world, battle ferocious beasts in intricate turn-based combat, undertake hundreds of unique missions, and foster relationships with an assortment of factions around the world: from a human empire tinged with religious extremism to the dark forces of the undead led by a mad queen. By forging alliances, players will be able to build an army and trade resources for an assortment of upgrades at their home base. No choice is without consequences and, depending on the decisions and political sides, one wrong move could have a deadly domino effect, irrevocably changing the course of their history.
- 80+ hour single-player campaign: Live an epic dark fantasy experience in three acts, with more than 270 missions and 5 unique endings
- Explore a war-torn world: travel through 4 different environments – from lush woodlands to fiery volcanic plains and frozen tundra – and discover the secrets hidden within the earth
- Join forces: join 4 in-game factions: from proud elven clans to merciless hordes of the undead, each with their own in-game motivations and incentives
- Write your story: choose from 4 unique skill classes and define your place in the world by recruiting other members to join your cause
- Build a base: tackle the search for valuable resources and use political common sense to build a place of planning and refuge
- Fight for your life: recruit more than 50 units and build an army more suited to your play style, honing both steel and spells in intricate turn-based combat
- Deadly Boss Challenge: field your team against hideous monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy
- Choices are everything: let your decisions guide your destiny and directly influence the type of leader you will become
- Fight your friends: launch the ultimate challenge and fight for supremacy in 2 player online skirmishes
Title: Disciples: Liberation
Platforms: Win-PC, Xbox, PlayStation 4 | 5
Developer: Frima Studio
Kind: Strategy RPG
Release date: Q4 2021