Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge / Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G Review
Table of Contents:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G / Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G specifications at a glance:
- Unboxing of Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G and Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G
Among the multitude of Redmi Note 11 phones, this might be the one for you. Unless you live in India, where this phone is not part of the model family, but is called Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G. Look, India already has a Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G, but it’s not the one we’re reviewing today. Don’t blame us, blame Xiaomi for this mess. We also review this other.
No matter what you call it, this phone is without a doubt one of the best Xiaomi midranger. Yes, we spoiled our verdict for you, but I hope you stick around and find out why the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G (also known as Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G in India) is the best of the Redmi Note 11 series and the best of the best. mid-range smartphones of the season.
But before we delve into the details, we first need to figure out what the Redmi Note is this supposedly ‘new’ phone.
It all started at the end of last year with the announcement of the first Redmi Note 11 Pro models: these were China-exclusive devices based on the Dimensity 920 5G chipset. The Pro model had a 5,160mAh battery with 67W fast charging, while the Pro+ included a 4,500mAh cell with 120W charging.
So this Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G is actually the global model of the aforementioned Chinese Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G, but it is also a twin brother of the India-exclusive Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G.
Xiaomi 11i Hypercharge 5G • Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G
In fact, the only noticeable difference between this Redmi and the 11i HyperCharge 5G is the lack of NFC on the Indian model. We had this one for comparison, it looks flashy and is branded Xiaomi instead of Redmi. But throughout this review, we intend to keep this phone in the context of the Redmi Note 11 series to match its overall model identity.
The Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G looks like the rest of its Pro siblings: it has a splash-resistant double glass design with flat panels and a flat plastic frame. It also packs the same 6.67-inch Super AMOLED display with a 1080p resolution and 120Hz refresh rate.
The biggest change is the Dimensity 920 5G chipset, which is more powerful than the Snapdragon 695 5G and Helio G96 platforms used in the other two Redmi Note 11 Pro models. And it is the only smartphone in the new series to offer a performance boost. compared to the Redmi Note 10 Pro.
The cameras remain the same as on the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G. You’ll find a three-camera setup on the rear with a 108MP main, 8MP ultra-wide, and 2MP macro, while there’s a 16MP front-facing camera for selfies. The Dimensity 920 5G SoC enables more image processing power and 4K video capture, so this time we are very excited to explore the quality of the camera.
Another notable improvement over the Redmi Note 10 Pro and Redmi Note 11 Pro devices is Xiaomi’s 4,500mAh battery with 120W HyperCharge. It is advertised to reach full charge in just 15 minutes thanks to 120W charging!
The rest of the Redmi Note 11 Pro + 5G bits are the same as the other models: there are stereo speakers tuned by JBL with Dolby Atmos, a side-mounted fingerprint reader, microSD expansion, 3.5-inch audio jack. mm, NFC, IR blaster, FM Radio.
And here you have the complete technical sheet of the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G / Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G specifications at a glance:
- Body: 163.7 x 76.2 x 8.3mm, 204g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back; IP53, dust and splash proof.
- Display: 6.67-inch Super AMOLED, 120 Hz, 700 nits, 1200 nits (peak), 1080 x 2400 px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395 ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 920 5G (6nm): Octa-core (2×2.5GHz Cortex-A78 and 6×2.0GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G68 MC4.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.5.
- Rear camera: Wide angle (main): 108 MP, f/1.9, 26 mm, 1/1.52″, 0.7 µm, PDAF; Wide Angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 1.0 µm; Macro: 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide angle), 1/3.06″ 1.0 µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected]; Front camera: [email protected]/60fps.
- Battery: 4500mAh; 120W fast charge, 100% in 15 min (advertised), Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 3+.
- Miscellaneous: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC (Redmi only); Infrared port; 3.5mm jack socket.
It seems that Xiaomi has done everything right with the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G: it has a slightly improved screen with faster touch response, more powerful hardware, much faster charging and, of course, 5G connectivity. It retains the good display, design, and camera kit of the previous Redmi Note 10 Pro model. Well, almost, the 5MP telemacro has been replaced by a basic 2MP macro camera, and we’re certainly not thrilled about this downgrade.
No more jokes, here is the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G without a box.
Unboxing of Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G and Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G
The Redmi Note 11 Pro + 5G retail kit contains the phone, a heavier-than-phone 120W power adapter, and a 6A USB cable.
Inside the paper compartment you will find a soft transparent case, a SIM eject pin and some documents.
Finally, you may also notice that the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G arrives with a thin protective film already applied to its screen. We still appreciate this extra, and we’re glad it was applied out of the box and not left to us to deal with, as was the case with other Redmi Note 11 devices.
The Xiaomi 11i HyperCharge 5G has the same retail package as the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G, but its box is different.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in a new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in a new window)