Chivalry 2: The Cross-Play Open Beta from today
Chivalry 2: The Cross-Play Open Beta from today. Official soundtrack now available on Spotify, YouTube and more.
Developer Torn Banner Studios and publisher Tripwire Presents and retail partner Deep Silver are delighted to open the gates to the ultimate medieval battlefields with the launch of the Cross-Play Open Beta of Chivalry 2 which begins today May 27, 2021 at 11:00 am (EDT) and ends June 1 at 11:00 am (EDT). The Cross-Play Open Beta of Chivalry 2 will be available to all PC (via Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S players.
For celebrate the launch of today’s Cross-Play Open BetaTripwire Presents, and Torn Banner Studios also announced the release of the Official Chivalry 2 soundtrack on Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music and more. Now, players can experience the ultimate medieval battlefield while listening to the ultimate medieval soundtrack!
Staying true to their policy of supporting independent composers and creatives, Tripwire Presents and Torn Banner Studios have finalized a deal on a less traditional sales model, granting Chivalry 2 official soundtrack composer JD Spears (The Daily Show, Pursuit of Happiness , American Pickers) 100% direct sales revenue, while retaining the rights to use that music in current and future game content and marketing. This collaborative approach to working with different artists reflects the philosophy behind their commitment.
The Cross-Play Open Beta includes:
● Cross-play on all platforms: Cross-play breaks down the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
● The Slaughter of Coxwell (New Team Objective Map): the Mason order tries to make a brutal example of the peaceful village of Coxwell after declaring its support for Argon II. He burns the village, breaks the gate, steals the gold and kills the soldiers.
● The Battle of Darkforest (New Team Objective Map): the Agathian forces are lurking, ready to ambush the Mason army as it marches to kill the Duke of Fogbern Keep. Destroy the barricade, push the convoy, conquer and hold the guardhouse and kill the Duke.
● The Siege of Rudhelm (Team objective map): After weeks of siege, the Agathian forces begin a final assault on a Mason stronghold defended by the heir. Push the siege towers, conquer and hold the guardhouse, burn the tents, push the siege ramps, conquer and hold the courtyard and take down the heir to achieve victory.
● The Battle of Wardenglade (Team Deathmatch / FFA Map): the armies of the Mason Order and the Agathian Knights meet in an open battlefield on an equal footing.
● Tournament Grounds (Team Deathmatch / FFA Map): elite warriors of the Mason Order and Agathian Knights fight for supremacy and crowd worship.
● Free for all (new game mode): it’s you against everyone else in this chaotic free-for-all frenzy that first appears in Cross-Play Open Beta.
● Full customization (new for the Open Beta): customize your appearance in the game and unlock a wide variety of cosmetic options as you gain experience with each of the game’s four base classes and 12 subclasses.
● Duel Server (New for Open Beta): Available for PC only, players can choose to join special servers set up for players who wish to hone their 1-on-1 dueling skills with other players. Participants are advised to respect the honor system and respect players who aim to focus on one-on-one duels.
● Server options for 64/40 players (new for Open Beta): Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, take to the front lines and experience true full-scale combat supporting up to 64 players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “Battle of the ********” from Game of Thrones. For players interested in more strategic battles that require more communication and teamwork, there will also be options to join 40-player servers for Team Objective mode.
● Cross Play Party (new for the Open Beta): players can now group and form a party on the same platform before joining a Cross-Play match.
NOTE: PlayStation users will be able to access the Open Beta for free, without requiring a PlayStation Plus subscription. Xbox users will need to be subscribed to Xbox Live Gold to play the Open Beta.
Chivalry 2 is a first-person multiplayer slasher inspired by epic medieval battles. Players will face action in every iconic moment of the era: with sharp swords, storms of flaming arrows, sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate huge battlefields, while catapults tear the opponent to pieces during the siege of castles, villages are set on fire and flames, to achieve the team’s objectives.
Enhancing the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Chivalry 2 invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a combo system to accelerate the action and allow players to become a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to plan to fight multiple enemies at once, Chivalry 2’s battles mix the best of FPS and fighting game genres to deliver an unrivaled fast-paced melee.